Sonder

Sonder. Pencil on Paper. 2017. Lizzy Pfortmiller
Sonder: (n) the realization that each random passerby has a life as vivid and complex of his or her own.
This portrait of my grandfather was made to portray his complex life. From getting shot with a BB gun (the BB is still in his head), to fighting in a war, to parenting seven kids plus foster children- all of whom have their own kids- his life has been nothing short of an adventure. Along with a portrait of him, I also did an interview with him. The interview was for a previous English I assignment and helped me get to know the man I look up to (and not just because he is six foot four inches.) He has lived a long and meaningful life, and is one of the wisest people I know. This drawing is to honor him and all that he has done. He has done so much for me and this drawing and interview is to capture how great of a man he is. He is my inspiration.

Comments

Popular Posts